Tuesday, January 1, 2013

LAUNDRY ROOM REDO

The Bah Humbug project is officially finished, as of today! Yea!

The laundry room/pantry was the first room we remodeled when Big John and I moved into my childhood home in 1996. This area was actually part of the dining room, and the washer and dryer had been smack-dab in the middle of the kitchen my entire life. And there was no pantry. So Big John made a new room in part of the dining room, installed the washer and dryer, and added shelving to make the pantry. I was in heaven! I believe the first paint job was yellow. I'm not sure why. Next to pink, yellow is my least favorite color. Then came the orange/lime green combo. Not sure what I was thinking then either. But now I'm in to neutrals. Hopefully I'll be able to live with this color combination for a while.

Today we installed cabinets in place of the open shelving. Luckily, the cabinets were free! They came from my office space in the family room. Now that I don't need a home office for drug rep work, this area was really overkill. The downside? I'm left with this where the cabinets used to be:


Lovely! But not to worry ... I have plans! (Big John will groan when he reads this.)

The laundry room/pantry has now become just a laundry room. Here's how it looks now:






I love it!!

The only problem: the brand-spanking new washing machine - that had to be purchased to replace the old leaking one - that started this whole process ... IT LEAKS.


Yep, can you believe it? Lowe's will be making a special trip out to the country to fix this little issue. Thank goodness Big John insisted on getting the leak tray thing-a-ma-jiggy. Otherwise, we'd be replacing the floor for the 4th time. Homeownership is not for the faint of heart.

And the pantry? Well now it lives in this closet in the kitchen:



Works out great! We'll probably do a little work to it in the near future, but for now, it does the job. 

The new color scheme is really sitting well with me. I believe that 2013 will be the year of the neutrals in my redecorating. Just a few more rooms to go, and I'll be all done.

Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment